Chattanooga Underage DUI Lawyer
Defending Minors Accused of Drunk Driving In Tennessee
Navigating the complexities of the legal system can prove challenging, particularly for young individuals confronting charges related to underage DUI. At Speek, Turner & Newkirk PLLC, we acknowledge the unique intricacies surrounding underage DUI cases in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Our dedicated legal team is unwavering in its commitment to delivering strategic and effective representation for those charged with underage DUI offenses.
Call Speek, Turner & Newkirk PLLC today at (423) 799-3030 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our underage DUI attorney in Chattanooga!
Tennessee Underage DUI Laws
Understanding the specific laws related to underage DUI in Tennessee is crucial for anyone facing such charges. In the state of Tennessee, it is illegal for individuals under the age of 21 to operate a motor vehicle with any trace of alcohol in their system. This zero-tolerance policy emphasizes the seriousness with which the legal system views underage drinking and driving.
What are the Penalties for Underage DUI in Tennessee?
Being charged with underage DUI in Tennessee can lead to severe consequences. It is essential to be aware of the potential penalties associated with these charges:
- License Suspension: Convicted individuals may face a suspension of their driver's license for a designated period.
- Fines: The financial impact of an underage DUI conviction can be substantial, ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars.
- Community Service: Courts may mandate individuals to serve as part of their sentence.
- Probation: Probation is a potential outcome, with individuals subject to close monitoring during a specified period.
- Alcohol Education Programs: Attendance in alcohol education or treatment programs may be required to address underlying issues related to the offense.
- Criminal Record: An underage DUI conviction can result in a permanent mark on one's criminal record, impacting future opportunities in areas such as employment and education.
- Increased Insurance Premiums: Convictions for underage DUI may lead to significantly higher insurance premiums.
Defenses Against Underage DUI Charges
While facing underage DUI charges can be daunting, there are potential defenses that can be explored to challenge the accusations. It is essential to consult with experienced legal professionals who can assess the specifics of each case. Some common defenses against underage DUI charges include:
- Lack of Probable Cause: Challenging the legality of the traffic stop or arrest by asserting that law enforcement lacked probable cause.
- Inaccurate Field Sobriety Tests: Highlighting potential errors or inaccuracies in administering field sobriety tests.
- Breathalyzer Accuracy: Questioning the reliability of breathalyzer results and challenging their admissibility in court.
- Rising Blood Alcohol Content (BAC): Arguing that the alcohol absorption process led to an increased BAC after the individual had stopped driving.
- Violation of Rights: Examining whether the defendant's constitutional rights were violated during the arrest or investigation.
- Challenging Testing Procedures: Scrutinizing the procedures followed in obtaining and handling blood or urine samples for testing.
Contact Our Chattanooga Underage DUI Attorney Today
Facing underage DUI charges is a serious matter, and it requires the guidance of skilled legal professionals who understand the nuances of Tennessee's legal system. At Speek, Turner & Newkirk PLLC, we diligently advocate for our clients and explore every avenue to build a strong defense. If you or a loved one is facing underage DUI charges in Tennessee, contact us for a confidential consultation. Our experienced legal team is here to provide the support and representation you need during this challenging time.
Contact Speek, Turner & Newkirk PLLC today to schedule a meeting with our underage DUI lawyer in Chattanooga!
Bill Speek was very professional and he did a great job working my case. He actually knocked it out the park, he is Chattanooga’s Lincoln Lawyer!- Demarcus A.
Bill, you are not just an attorney. You are are magician, a negotiator, and a life changer. I referred a friend of mine that has, or better yet, HAD (thanks to you) a very delicate situation and you made it right in less than 2 days!! Now, STAFF, I know that you guys don't get recognized enough. I know that yall are the one's that do the calls, the set ups, and catch the crapstorm if it doesn't go well. Everyone there gives a feeling of humbled confidence, never arrogant. THANK YOU!- Frank J.
By far Mr Speek is the best attorney in Chattanooga. I highly recommend his expertise to anyone . Mr Speek is a very prestigious gentleman and really cares about his clients. Anytime I had a question his amazing staff was very prompt in getting an answer. Very sweet , polite and knowledgeable girls that work in the office as well. Walking in to hire a lawyer for me was very humiliating and uncomfortable. As soon as I walked in the office I felt very welcome and at ease. Mr Speek is very loyal to his clients and you can tell that he sincerely cares. Also a very known respected attorney . I can’t thank Mr Speek enough for all his help . I would highly recommend Mr Speek to anyone seeking an attorney.- Laura P.
Bill speek is committed to his job. Not only did surpass my needs and expectations, but he throughly explained everything I needed to know in a timely manner. He was a huge help and I strongly recommend his services.- Jake S.
Bill Speek. An angel sent from above. Truly a miracle worker. If I could give 20 stars, I would. Tell me how this man dropped 9 felony charges in just 5 minutes?!! Seriously can’t wrap my head around it. Don’t waste your time even looking for another lawyer.- Anika E.
I want to give a ten stars but google has 1-5 stars. Jonathan Turner was my lawyer and my case and it's over and my dui (2nd) got totally dismissed. We went to court many times and it always got pushed forward to another day. We dealt with blood test result and inconsistent and retesting. Covid was also a big factor in my case being extended for months and months. Different DA"s, not a good deal on the table and other factors included in my case. In the end,,, absolutely a ten on the stars rating from me. Dismissed..... I recommend Jonathan and his group highly. Thank you Jonathan so very much!!! Thank you again!!!- Dale J.
They are always willing to go the extra mile for every one of their clients.- Madeline Y.
Trust me, if you need a drug lawyer, he is the best. I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.- Eric K.