Chattanooga Multiple DUI Lawyer
Fighting Multiple DUI Charges in Tennessee
At Speek, Turner & Newkirk PLLC, we understand the gravity of facing multiple DUI charges in Tennessee. A conviction for multiple DUI offenses can severely impact your personal and professional life. Our experienced team of Chattanooga multiple DUI lawyers is dedicated to providing aggressive and strategic legal representation to individuals facing multiple DUI charges. With our in-depth knowledge of Tennessee DUI laws and a track record of success, we are committed to protecting your rights and helping you achieve the best possible outcome.
Call Speek, Turner & Newkirk PLLC today at (423) 799-3030 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our multiple DUI attorney in Chattanooga!
Tennessee Multiple DUI Laws
Under Tennessee law, driving under the influence (DUI) is a serious offense, and penalties become even more severe when you have multiple DUI convictions. If you were previously convicted of DUI offenses, each subsequent offense would carry harsher penalties. Tennessee has a lookback period of 10 years, meaning that any DUI offense within the past decade will be considered when determining the penalties for a multiple DUI conviction.
What are the Penalties for Multiple DUIs in Tennessee?
The penalties for multiple DUI convictions in Tennessee are significantly more severe than a first-time offense. These penalties may include:
- Increased Jail Time: For a second DUI offense, the minimum jail sentence is 45 days, which can extend up to 11 months and 29 days. For third and subsequent offenses, the minimum jail sentence is 120 days, with the possibility of up to 11 months and 29 days in jail.
- License Suspension: With each subsequent DUI conviction, your driver's license will be suspended for a more extended period. A second DUI offense carries a two-year license revocation, while a third offense results in a minimum of six years without driving privileges.
- Fines: The fines for multiple DUI convictions can be substantial. For a second offense, the minimum fine is $600, but it can go up to $3,500—the acceptable ranges from $1,100 to $10,000 for third and subsequent offenses.
- Ignition Interlock Device (IID): Following a second DUI conviction, you must install an IID in your vehicle at your own expense. This device measures your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and prevents the car from starting if alcohol is detected.
Defense Against Multiple DUI Charges
Being charged with multiple DUI offenses does not automatically mean a conviction. Our skilled Chattanooga multiple DUI lawyers will thoroughly analyze your case's circumstances and develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your situation. Some potential defenses against multiple DUI charges include:
- Challenging the Traffic Stop: We will examine whether the initial traffic stop was legal and if the arresting officer had probable cause to believe you were driving under the influence.
- Contesting the Field Sobriety Tests: We will scrutinize the administration of field sobriety tests, as they are subjective and can be influenced by various factors.
- Examining Breathalyzer and Blood Test Results: We will assess the accuracy and reliability of the chemical tests conducted to determine your BAC, ensuring proper protocols are followed.
- Investigating Constitutional Violations: If your constitutional rights were violated during the arrest or subsequent proceedings, we will fight to have any evidence obtained illegally suppressed.
Contact Our Chattanooga Multiple DUI Attorney Today
Multiple DUI charges in Tennessee can be overwhelming, but you don't have to face the legal system alone. Speek, Turner & Newkirk PLLC is here to provide you with the experienced and aggressive legal representation you need. Our Chattanooga multiple DUI lawyers will work tirelessly to protect your rights, minimize the consequences, and help you move forward with your life.
Contact Speek, Turner & Newkirk PLLC today to schedule a FREE consultation with our multiple DUI lawyer in Chattanooga!
Bill Speek was very professional and he did a great job working my case. He actually knocked it out the park, he is Chattanooga’s Lincoln Lawyer!- Demarcus A.
Bill, you are not just an attorney. You are are magician, a negotiator, and a life changer. I referred a friend of mine that has, or better yet, HAD (thanks to you) a very delicate situation and you made it right in less than 2 days!! Now, STAFF, I know that you guys don't get recognized enough. I know that yall are the one's that do the calls, the set ups, and catch the crapstorm if it doesn't go well. Everyone there gives a feeling of humbled confidence, never arrogant. THANK YOU!- Frank J.
By far Mr Speek is the best attorney in Chattanooga. I highly recommend his expertise to anyone . Mr Speek is a very prestigious gentleman and really cares about his clients. Anytime I had a question his amazing staff was very prompt in getting an answer. Very sweet , polite and knowledgeable girls that work in the office as well. Walking in to hire a lawyer for me was very humiliating and uncomfortable. As soon as I walked in the office I felt very welcome and at ease. Mr Speek is very loyal to his clients and you can tell that he sincerely cares. Also a very known respected attorney . I can’t thank Mr Speek enough for all his help . I would highly recommend Mr Speek to anyone seeking an attorney.- Laura P.
Bill speek is committed to his job. Not only did surpass my needs and expectations, but he throughly explained everything I needed to know in a timely manner. He was a huge help and I strongly recommend his services.- Jake S.
Bill Speek. An angel sent from above. Truly a miracle worker. If I could give 20 stars, I would. Tell me how this man dropped 9 felony charges in just 5 minutes?!! Seriously can’t wrap my head around it. Don’t waste your time even looking for another lawyer.- Anika E.
I want to give a ten stars but google has 1-5 stars. Jonathan Turner was my lawyer and my case and it's over and my dui (2nd) got totally dismissed. We went to court many times and it always got pushed forward to another day. We dealt with blood test result and inconsistent and retesting. Covid was also a big factor in my case being extended for months and months. Different DA"s, not a good deal on the table and other factors included in my case. In the end,,, absolutely a ten on the stars rating from me. Dismissed..... I recommend Jonathan and his group highly. Thank you Jonathan so very much!!! Thank you again!!!- Dale J.
They are always willing to go the extra mile for every one of their clients.- Madeline Y.
Trust me, if you need a drug lawyer, he is the best. I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.- Eric K.